NOTICE TO AIRPORT CONSULTANTS
The City of Hays, Kansas (Sponsor) is hereby soliciting statements of qualifications and experience from qualified airport consultants for airfield development projects that are anticipated to occur within the next five years at the Hays Regional Airport (HYS) located in Hays, KS. Subject to future receipt of Federal funding under the FAA Airport Improvement Program (AIP) and/or State funding, these projects may include the following:
- Replace Airport Rotating Beacon. Estimated Cost $121,600
- Apron Rehabilitation. Estimated Cost $1,124,400
- Reconstruct Taxiway Mike Not Including Edge Lighting (Design and Construction). Estimated Cost $8,524,925
- Reconstruct Taxiway Mike Edge Lighting (Design and Construction). Estimated Cost $732,710
- Construct Snow Removal Equipment Building. Estimated Cost $1,098,000
The services to be provided may include, but are not limited to, preliminary design, final design, bidding, construction observation, and incidental special services such as geotechnical/subsurface investigations and topographic surveying.
The projects and estimated costs shown above are identified in the Airport’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP) prepared by Burns & McDonnell for the City of Hays, KS. This documentation is available for review upon request.
A qualification-based selection process conforming to FAA Advisory Circular (AC) 150/5100-14, Architectural, Engineering, and Planning Consultant Services for Airport Grant Projects, will be utilized to select the most qualified firm. Fee information will not be considered in the selection process and must not be submitted with the statement of qualifications. Fees will be negotiated for projects as Federal funds become available.
Selection Criteria will include:
- Capability to perform all or most aspects of the project and recent experience in airport projects comparable to the proposed task.
- Key personnel’s professional qualifications and experience and availability for the proposed project; their reputation and professional integrity and competence; and their knowledge of FAA regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Capability to meet schedules or deadlines.
- Quality of projects previously undertaken and capability to complete projects without having major cost escalations or overruns.
- Qualifications and experience of sub-consultants regularly engaged by the consultant under consideration.
- Capability of a branch office that will do the work to perform independently of the home office, or conversely, its capability to obtain necessary support from the home office.
- Ability to furnish qualified inspectors for construction inspection.
- Understanding of the project’s potential challenges and the Sponsor’s special concerns.
- Degree of interest shown in undertaking the project and their familiarity with and proximity to the geographic location of the project.
- Capability to incorporate and blend aesthetic and architectural concepts with the project design while accomplishing the basic requirements that transportation facilities be functional, safe, and efficient.
- In meeting the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) contract goal, evidence documenting that the consultant met the DBE goal, or by documenting that it made adequate good faith efforts to meet the DBE goal.
- Capability to conduct a Value Engineering (VE) study for projects that are particularly complex or have unique features.
The Sponsor intends to short-list up to three (3) of the highest rated firms based on the submittals and conduct phone, informal, and/or formal interviews.
Any subsequent contract with the City of Hays will be subject to the provisions of Section 2-576 through 2-580 of the City of Hays, Kansas, Code of Ordinances and is subject to applicable Federal Contract Provisions. These Federal Contract Provisions are found on the FAA’s website at: https://www.faa.gov/airports/aip/procurement/federal_contract_provisions/
Statements must be concise and contain no more than twenty-eight (28) pages of material (14 sheets of paper, double-sided). This excludes the front and back covers, the two-page cover letter (1 sheet of paper, double-sided), table of contents, section dividers, and resumes. Consultants must submit five (5) hard copies of their Statement and a PDF of their Statement (submitted via email) to the following person:
Jamie Salter, Airport Director
Hays Regional Airport
3950 E 8th St
Hays, KS 67601
All statements must be received by 5:00 p.m. on September 1, 2020. Statements received after this deadline will not be considered. The Sponsor reserves the right to reject any and/or all Statements. Submittals will become property of the Sponsor.
Statements are to be provided in a package marked with “Airport Statement of Qualifications” in the lower left-hand corner and the sender’s name and address in the upper left-hand corner. Please make the email subject line: “Airport Statement of Qualifications” and request delivery/read receipts to confirm it was received on time.
All questions must be submitted via email to the above contact by 5:00 p.m. on August 19, 2020. Answers will be sent via reply email no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 25, 2020. For more information, please contact Jamie Salter at firstname.lastname@example.org or (785)628-7370.